Post at Apr 23, 2021
What is Love Bombing & Why Do People Do This?
Love bombing is the overwhelming, excessive display of love, adoration, & attention very on in a relationship before you have spent enough time together to really know each other.
A person will typically love bomb you in order to gain control over you by influencing your perception of them.
3 Reasons People "Love Bomb
1. "Love bombing" can make a person feel special, desired, and important.
If a person makes you feel this way in the beginning, you are less likely to leave the relationship, even when they mistreat you. You focus on the goods times and become hooked on the intermittent highs of their adoration & love.
2. "Love bombing" makes you feel like you've "received" a lot from this other person... a lot of their attention, time, or even money.
This makes you feel like you "owe them" something in return, and again, you are less likely to walk away from the relationship, even when it turns negative.
3. "Love bombing" is an attempt fast track connection & intimacy.
When a person lacks relationship skills (i.e. honesty, communication, emotional availability) it serves them to forge a bond quickly before their toxic traits come to light. Once that happens, you're already invested & more likely to dismiss or minimize negative behavior.
3 Tips to Avoid Love Bombing
1. Take it as a red flag if someone is immediately showering you with gifts, praise, and compliments before they really know you.
2. Identify what you want to know about someone before getting into a relationship with them. Be aware if someone is ready to be in a relationship with you they actually know you. before
3. Begin to set BOUNDARIES, the person's response to them will be very tellin
If you have doubts of being Love Bombed or suffering from after effects of Love Bombing feel free to connect for first Free Exploratory Call